Motomanų Diskusijos » Naujienos motopasaulyje » Hero buys 49% stake in Erik Buel Racing

| 2013-07-03 geringsonas | 0/1753 žinut.
 
 


 
Narys
400cc ***
Avataras
#1    

Hero buys 49% stake in Erik Buel Racing

Indian two-wheeler manufacturer Hero MotoCorp has bought a 49.2% share in the US-based superbike company Erik Buell Racing (EBR) for $25 million, officials said yesterday. The remaining 50.8% share in EBR remains in the hands of Erik Buell and his wife.

The first tranche of $15 million was invested by Hero MotoCorp Ltd (HMCL) on Saturday, with the remaining $10 million to be paid over in the next nine months.

It's stated that there will be no organisational changes at EBR and Erik Buell will continue to be its chairman and CEO. However, HMCL will have two directors and one observer on the EBR board.

HMCL and EBR formed an alliance in February last year, under which the Indian two-wheeler marque received support in terms of latest technology and design to develop future models and HMCL became name sponsor for one of the EBRs being raced in the US AMA championship.

According to Pawan Munjal, the partnership is part of the HMCL's strategy to become a globally recognized brand. The two brands will together promote and sell EBR as well as Hero bikes in African, European and North American markets.

"As we go on spreading our footprint in new international markets, we will look at having extended centres of our own research and design at multiple locations around the world," said Pawan Munjal, managing director and chief executive officer, HMCL.

"This is the first time that Hero MotoCorp is buying a stake in a company outside India… the first step in globalization of the HMC brand," he added.

Acknowledging the fact that markets like America are dominated by large capacity machines of the sort that Hero doesn't currently offer, Munjal said he believed that "smaller engines can be sold in America". Strong interest in models like the KTM 390 Duke (also made in India!) and other high-performance, small-displacement Japanese machines suggests it may be a good decision.

HMC plans to export 350,000 vehicles from India this fiscal year, according to a Wall Street Journal article. Additionally, HMC will open manufacturing plants in Columbia, Kenya and Nigeria. And EBR itself will grow from a somewhat boutique operation currently into a real manufacturer, with a goal of building 20,000 units a year by 2017.

(Šaltinis: http://www.survivalskills.co.uk )
2013 Liepos 3 23:40 Motociklų kaip moterų, norisi daug ir įvairių.



P
A
T
K
P
Š
S
 
 
 
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
 


71.040.604
+22.361
VisoVakar
Nariai24.490+9
Temos4.653+2
Žinutės353.849+256
Komentarai100.193+27
Gyvadėžė678.090+799
Nuotraukos72.891+54
Video3.719+4
Motokatalogas4.174+17